Fortune Cookie Affirmations


scan0005
View Large On Black
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.


It's been some time since I've made an Art Card, mostly because the lack of motivation to do so has overwhelmed me. That was until I came up with a better idea of prompting myself when I feel like creating one. For a little over a month, maybe longer, we've been saving our fortune cookie messages on a window sill in the kitchen.

Initially, I wanted to save them to use as a background on an Art Card, but that quickly changed. After gathering a handful, I picked one out, and thought, "This is a good message", then thought, "Now, what can I do with it?". Which is why I decided to make an attempt at interpreting the 'fortune'.

Upon reading the message for the first time, I immediately thought, cha-ching!, and dollar signs came to mind. Of course, that's how I would like to be rewarded, with lots of monies!!! But then, I said to myself, come up with something that isn't shallow, and dig a little deeper. So I did.

This is how I interpreted the random fortune I drew from our growing pile of mini messages.

scan0004

It sort of pairs with the little message I wrote to go along with the last photo I posted in "Window to the World". Holding on to a belief that if you work hard enough, and keep trying, you will get to where you want to be. My aspirations are running wild, and deep, but picking a place to start is the tricky part. Although there are a few things going on right now that I'm excited about, although I'm not yet ready to spill the beans - I don't want to jinx it!

I sincerely hope that you all have a fantastic weekend. And more California vacation adventure posts are in the works, but for now, I am slightly burned out on them so I decided to share something new.
-WW

10 comments:

  1. I love the way you think! Makes for amazingly creative pieces. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative! And I have to admit that I go to Tweetsie every year whether I have a kid to take with me or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, you do know I love your blog don't you?

    Just wanted to tell you that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart you too, girl! Keep up the gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. get stuck in to the glue and go for it

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry that was a bad one.get stuck into the glue.see if Cody can do better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yey! I love it.

    Good luck on your aspirey aspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so talented. i'm with 1218, i love the way you think : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1218: At least someone does...haha....thanks!

    carmen: haha.....I'll let you know what I think when I go for the first time! and thank you :o)

    sian: Awe shucks......you make me blush :) Thank you dear!

    TD: And you know, I heart you just as much!! Don't worry, I will....

    POD: Cody has nothing to do with any of it....he leaves those sorts of things for me to play with!

    prin: Well, thank you! I need all the luck I can get :o)

    a little bird: I feel the same way about you girlie!

    lydia: just a little break from the photos ;)

    ReplyDelete