Harper Creek Falls



This past weekend I went on one of my all time favorite hikes so far. The hike took us over 3 hours start to finish. Mind you most of that time we had taken shelter underneath an over hung rock that keep the rain at bay for just long enough. We tried to play cards since I'm brushing up on my poker skills for Vegas but betting with leaves as opposed to chips just doesn't hold the same allure. But thankfully the storm didn't last too terribly long, actually is was sort of nice. The thunderous storm looming above made the path that much more mysterious after the rain came. Surprisingly the creek was rushing so much more furiously than before. And the heightened acoustics of the forest were overwhelming.











Toward the end of the hike is when we came across this absolutely magnificent 40ft waterfall. And would you believe that we almost didn't cross this creek meaning we would have missed this completely! Cody decided to hop the creek and hike down a bit then came back saying "I have a visual!" At the time I didn't realize exactly what it was I was going to lay my eyes upon. It was amazing - I definitely won't forget how I felt when I peaked through the trees and saw this ahead. It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You seem to have such amazing times no matter what you do up there. Sounds like you really love it. One day I will have to come share some of the times with you. And to think one can find happiness still full in life even when she can not climb. Its really not over, time will heal all and with all that you seem to have helping it will be right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you just my awesome little ray of sunshine! Thanks tiff......You know I was just telling someone yesterday that had this not happened to me I would probably not be spending nearly as much time taking photos. Which I definitely have a renewed passion for again. And you're right I do LOVE it up here - the mountains will never cease to amaze me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete